Spiced Zucchini | Element Cooking
Though it’s formally fall, my fridge nonetheless has fairly a little bit of summer time produce- particularly summer time squash and zucchini. And so, I believed it was time to share one in every of my vegetable-based parts: spiced zucchini. It’s easy and is the proper companion to grain bowls, quesadillas, and eggs. I sometimes roast greens however the zucchini does greatest with high-heat and I’ve discovered I are likely to saute it most of the time. Add to that freshly floor spices and you’ve got your self a superb begin to dinner.
Spiced Zucchini | Element Cooking
A summer time part with 5 components, this spiced zucchini is great in tacos, enchiladas, and grain bowls.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 medium zucchini (see word)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sea salt, to style
- Warmth a medium skillet over medium warmth. Add the cumin and coriander seeds. Toast, shaking the pan, till the spices have browned and are aromatic. Switch to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind.
- Cube the zucchini into ¼” cubes. Wipe out the skillet and return to medium to medium-high warmth. Add the the olive oil to the pan adopted by the zucchini. Prepare dinner, solely stirring a couple of instances, till the zucchini is nearly browned and tender. Add the spices and proceed to cook dinner till the zucchini is browned.
- Take away the zucchini from the warmth and add the lemon juice and salt to style. Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge and use inside four or so days.
by Erin Alderson
Ideas & Methods: “medium zucchini” is moderately subjective however I exploit zucchini which can be round 10″ lengthy 2 to three” thick.
For the spices, grinding your individual spices is absolutely the important thing to taste however pre-ground spices will work. Use a 1:1 ratio.
Diet: see the data.
|Quantity Per Serving||As Served|
|Energy 63 Energy from fats|
|% Each day Worth|
|Complete Fats 5.2||eight%|
|Saturated Fats .7||four%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5||6%|
% Each day Values are primarily based on a 2,000 calorie food plan. Your every day values could also be greater or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Complete Fats||Lower than||65g|
|Sat Fats||Lower than||25g|
|Ldl cholesterol||Lower than||300mg|
Spiced Zucchini Variations
Herbs: On the finish of cooking, stir in a handful of chopped cilantro, parsley, and even basil.
Spice: If you happen to like issues on the spicier aspect, add a pinch of cayenne or crushed pink pepper. You would additionally use floor chili peppers.
Garlic: Earlier than including the spices to the zucchini, add 1 clove of minced garlic and cook dinner till golden.
Easy methods to use the spiced zucchini
Quesadillas/Tacos: Add the cooked zucchini to quesadillas or use as a taco filling. The zucchini works nicely with beans (particularly pinto and black beans) in addition to lentils.
Enchiladas: Use the zucchini as enchilada filling together with beans or different greens.
Grain Bowls: High grain bowls with a couple of spoonfuls of the zucchini and end with a fried egg, crumbly, salty cheese and/or salsa.
Omelette: Use the zucchini as a filling for an omelette. I like doing an herb-heavy omelette with zucchini and cheese tucked inside.
Dip: Mix the zucchini with yogurt or cashew cream to make a creamy zucchini dip. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
Recipes that use/might use spiced zucchini
Author: Qammar Shahbaz
Qammar Bajwa is a CEO of Healthystore.website . He is a young entrepreneur. He loves to write quality articles. He is a Freelancer,Wordpress Expert and SEO expert.
You can hire me for any kind of web related projects. cheers 🙂